We are well into spring and we can finally start dropping the layers, which I couldn’t be more excited about. Truth be told, I’m actually more of a spring/summer lover than winter (but who isn’t?).
If you’re still struggling with transitioning from your winter wardrobe to spring/summer wardrobe, and are frustrated on a daily basis with what to wear, don’t worry, you’re not alone. This weather is certainly not helping the cause either!
I regularly hear from my clients, friends and family ‘what do you wear on those days where it’s not exactly hot, but still is a little fresh – you know? those in-between days.
With that in mind, I wanted to share some of my tips for transitioning your winter wardrobe to spring/summer that will have your looking your absolute best and hopefully will ease the pain for those stuck in a wardrobe rut.
- Introduce some lighter tones to your outfits such as crisp whites, florals, and pastels
- Wear light and breathable fabrics such as linen, cotton, rayon, and viscose to keep you cool on those warmer days
- For your outerwear, wear a lightweight blazer soft in colour
- Swap your winter accessories i.e chunky scarves for brighter accessories to compliment your outfits such as a bright bold colour bag and a statement earrings.
- For those chilly spring days (Victorians you will understand when I mean by cold spring days) add over the knee boots to your spring dress.
- Midi skirts are a fantastic transitional piece; when it’s warm add a mule heel, and when it’s a fresh spring day pair with a boot.
- On those balmier days swap your midi boots for a pair of open-toe espadrille or a wedge
I’d love to hear, what else you’re doing to transitioning to your spring/summer wardrobe?